— This is an older interview but Examiner is going down and I wanted to share it one last time —
A few weeks ago I asked for fans to send in questions that they wanted to ask Kristen Bauer, who plays Vampire Pam in True Blood. I announced the winners that Friday, and Kristen has been very nice to provide us with those answers. Here are the questions, along with the fans that asked them and then Kristen’s answers. I hope everyone enjoys.
1. Petra di African wants to know, “If there was another role that you tried out for on True Blood, for example the part of Sookie, Tara, or Arlene. She also wanted to know if there was a role that she passed up to do True Blood.”
2. Elizabeth Provenzano, 22 and is the Tulsa Books Examiner & Tulsa Horror Movie Examiner wants to know, “When you first got the part as Pam and you saw where season one was going, was there anything specific you were hoping to see in your character’s story? A certain conversation, an encounter, was there anything you personally hoped would happen?” and Andrea Garzón M., 27,Bogotá, Colombia, continued with that question by asking, “If there are any challenges would you like to do in the future of the show, or if you want to do a fight with a particular character?
Kristen answered-Well, this season has answered many of my questions about Pam and also I got to do so many things that of course I can’t tell you about yet! But…tune in because so many things that I hoped that Pam would get to do, I have gotten to do this season.
3. Jenny Pugh, 45, from Birmingham, England wants to know, “If she thinks Pam should become a maker, and if so, what sort of person would she like Pam to make.” Paige from Des Moines Iowa wanted to know the same question but wanted to also know if her comments in the show about “disgusting children was just a cover?”
Kristen answered- I think Pam is truly not into children. I get the feeling that she doesn’t like “needy”. It is hard to say who she would like to make….she is very happy being the baby and having no dependents.
4. Janelle Easley, 30, from Baltimore and Linda, 28, from Pavia (Italy) both want to know, “When and under what circumstances was Pam turned by Eric Northman?”
Kristen answered- It was 100 years ago, in the Season 2 Blue Ray DVD I did the special effects and got to find out much about Pam from these great writers- Pam said she was living in a small world with small men lining up for her, she met Eric and her world changed. She lived in a time when women were not allowed much freedon and becoming a vampire represented the ultimate release for her and she has never looked back.
5. Max Busch, 18 San Jose CA. wants to know, “What do you think the best and/or worst part about being Eric’s right-hand is?”
Kristen answered- It’s pretty much all up side. He is a great maker.
6. Chelsea Scheer, 20, from Painesville, Ohio asks, “How old is Pam, or how long has she been a vampire?”
Kristen answered- 100 Years
7. Chez Rodgers, 31, from the UK asks, “How do you see your character, where do you see her going and can we expect to see more of her in the future?”
Kristen answered- I think you will see as this season airs where Pam is going- and you will learn about the nature and depth of her relationship with Eric. I don’t see her ever not being loyal to him.
8. VampKiss, 18, San Jose, California wants to know the following: “What do you like most about the character you play? Do you relate to her? How would you describe her?” She also wanted to let you know that she is 1 of he Top 3: “Gorgeous Redhead Vampires” in Bon Temp, Louisiana.
Kristen answered- I get Pam. I think she and I are not that different in some ways.I can imagine if I were a vampire living outside the constraints of society and death I may end up more like her than not.
9. Roxanna Kipp, wants to know “if Pam ever get jealous of Sookie and Eric’s relationship?” while April, 30, from Yuma, AZ wanted to know if their relationship will continue to become close like in the books or will it take a different turn?”
Kristen answered- I am not sure where that relationships will go- I don’t think she is very jealous person in general and she seems pretty secure in her relationship with Eric- I bet Pam’s probably intrigued with Sookie as well. Sookie is intriguing!
10. Eric (@Eric_ofArea5 on Twitter) ask , “Since you are on Twitter – I was wondering if you were aware of all the TrueBlood role play on Twitter and have you ever looked at Pam’s out there? If you have, what do you think about it? If you haven’t you should take a look at @Pam_Ravenscroft – she does an amazing portrayal that I think you would enjoy!”
Kristen answered- I am not too aware of what happens in Twitter yet- I am a newbie but trying to figure it out- but I will try to branch out and meet some more folks.
11. Elsa Rizzo, 23 from Center Harbor, New Hampshire emailed, “I’m very inspired by Kristin’s work with the International Fund for Animal Welfare to help whales. I’d like to ask her: “How did she get involved with the International Fund for Animal Welfare and saving whales? What can I do to help?”
Kristen answered- I met Donna from IFA a couple of years ago when they asked me to do a voice over for their DVD’S and I said yes! And since then I hear about their projects and just want to help more. Most of us see these sad things and want to help but don’t know how. So this is what I do- I write emails and letters to stop things I don’t think are right.I just wrote to NASA to ask them to not nuke 700 monkeys for no reason. I wrote to the USDA to help an elephant named Queenie get to a sanctuary. So speak up about what you feel is right. You can donate money, even $10. You can volunteer, you can also upload a photo of you making the whale tail like Alex Skarsgard, Abri (my husband) and I did through htttp://www.tailsforwhales.org/ —- The bottom line is find your thing and speak up! When we do change the life of another for the better sometimes and that is worth the effort.
I would like to thank Kristen for taking time out of her busy schedule to do this interview. I wish her and her husband safe travels as they go around the world over the next few months.